Towels are a necessity in our daily life. The hygienic use of towels will protect our skin health. Let’s take a look at the correct use and maintenance of towels:
- Do not use the new towel directly, you should wash the new towel with water before using it. This is because towels may have been touched by many consumers when they are displayed in the mall, and it is not hygienic to use them directly;
- The used towels should be washed, dried, and dried before they are used to meet hygiene and health requirements. If they are reused without washing and drying, or even shared by multiple people, the chance of spreading bacteria will increase greatly. It may cause cross-infection. The International Health Organization advocates that the number of personal towels used by consumers is three for men and four for women;
- The place where towels are placed should be kept ventilated and dry to prevent spots or breed various bacteria and increase the service life of towels;
- Do not use bleach to bleach household towels, so as not to harm the skin;
- Towels should be replaced in time. Any product has a lifespan. Towels are fiber fabrics and are organic, and their lifespan is generally 3 months. Therefore, the towels should be changed in time according to the time of use. If the towel develops mildew or becomes dry or hard, replace it immediately.
- Everyone must have their own special towel and configure towel products for different purposes according to their needs. Face towels, bath towels, sports towels, etc. should be used separately;
- Towels should be cleaned in time after use, disinfected once a week, it is best to dry or dry in time;
So how should the towel be disinfected? Towels are often contaminated with human secretions, which contain many pathogenic microorganisms. Therefore, it is recommended to disinfect every week. The following are several common disinfection methods:
- Steaming disinfection method: first, boil the towel with boiling water for about 10 minutes, then wash it with soapy water, and use it after drying;
- Microwave disinfection method: clean the towel, fold it and put it in the microwave oven, and run it for 5 minutes to disinfect;
- High-pressure steam sterilization method: Put the towel in the pressure cooker and heat it for about 30 minutes, which can kill most of the microorganisms.
Does the face towel in summer have a peculiar smell, hard and slippery?
Our household towel sometimes emits a strange smell even though they are washed repeatedly, and they become hard after drying, and become sticky and slippery when wet. They can’t be wrung out, and their water absorption will become poor. What should we do? I recently learned some methods to solve this problem. For your reference:
- The hardening of the towel is mainly because the free calcium and magnesium ions in the water combine with the soap to form calcium-magnesium soap attached to the surface of the towel. To prevent the towel from hardening, in addition to frequent washing, the towel should be boiled in an alkaline water pot for 15 minutes. After boiling, the towel should be taken out and rinsed thoroughly with clean water.
- You can also soak the towel in white vinegar for half an hour, wash it and dry it before using it. At this time, the towel will feel soft to the touch, and it can also prevent the growth of bacteria.
- Towels become greasy and sticky and produce peculiar smells because of the large number of secretions such as sweat and tears attached to the surface of the towel. To clean the slippery surface of the towel, in addition to washing with alkaline water, you can also boil or scald the towel in concentrated salt water.
The above viewpoints are daily summaries. If there are any errors, please correct them. We look forward to creating beautiful sparks with your views and making progress together!
Click here to know us.
Click here to contact us.